R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 12-21-2009, 08:50 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
My only experiance with the Losi 17.5 is about 3 runs then it burned up my speedo as the motor toasted. I just got into brushless and my buddy gave me a brand new Losi 17.5 and Speed Passion speedo. Gave me a gearing to start with. Ran the car and the temp was only 140 degrees. Ran another practice and 140. Ran my 1st heat and 140 degrees. Run my 2nd heat and 30 seconds from the end of the race the car slows and stops. Motor 220 and wiped out the speedo.

If you didn't already try it I would try another 17.5 and see if it still is having problems.
Wyd,
I just got off the phone with Bernie at Castle Creations, I hope they don't treat all of there customers the way I was treated. I explained the symptoms I was having with the ESC, he made blame on every thing ( including me ) in the car, servo, rec, batt. ect.
As I was typing this a friend from Chicago called me. This weekend was his first time out with his Pro, he is having the same symptoms as me. He "said"' If he hits a board pretty hard and the car rolls back the ESC will cut off, after a second or two the ESC works fine. He was testing 1/12th 1 cell 13.5, and yes he is using a receiver pack, fully charged.

Any suggestions?