R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Racing School 101
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Race-Wright
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z_Schneider
I would say just general tips are more influential than a class. I have learned to set my car up by doing it myself (and from video games, but that's another story)

The main things I see newbies having to learn is how to let someone past during a race and follow them, as well as practicing consistancy rather than speed. I don't really want to hijack your thread, but making somebody pay to learn the basics seems a little odd to me. Sponsored drivers are supposed to represent their company by helping people set up cars and giving tips for free, not charging for it, at least that's what I was told to do.
I think your corect on some of this however I think I should elabarate some.

We are going to try and rent a evening at Leisure Hours. This is not cheep to do, hence the fee.

A sponsored driver does have his reponsibilitys when racing and off the track to his sponsor yes. But this is something more for everyone in general.

The program is about a hour of talking and the rest of the time showing and working one on one with everyone. Prepairing for a race, setup, attitude, driving, passing, using the breaks, drive lines, jumping, and cornering speed are just some of the things to be coverd. We have alot to cover and almost anyone could learn something new.