R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 10:01 AM
mikky32
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Since we added boost we have not been posting the software on the website. Our thinking was if you have to ask someone for it they will hopefully mention that you need to drop a lot of gear, and you will go faster and run cooler. That is not obvious and without this information it is easy to be setup badly, be overgeared, melt your motor and be generally unhappy. The dynamic timing software is just too dangerous for average Joe that maxes all adjustments, straps in a 2.5 turn and uses the stock pinion with his RTR. We are protecting ourselves as well as our customers and think it has been the right thing to do till now.

The new software will be freely available to everyone before the Snowbirds. The team will be testing it for at least 2 weeks before release. The software will be posted on the website for download along with information for setups. We are going to ask people to register. Now that most are familiar with the new setups and not using pinions as large as the spur like we were, we think there is less risk to both of us.

Tekin Prez
So I will not have it for my up coming race. It's January 3rt 2010 .
The snowbirds are coming over 40 days.
I hope it will come sooner than in 40 days.