R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 08:26 PM
nomaak
Tech Addict

thanx yeti. i'll get them ordered asap.

i've surfed thru a lot of this form and have learned alot! but one thing i have been curious of is this.....how come nobody tried thinning the chassis plate and/or the two top plates down some? i got my car last week and been trying to read as much as i can on these threads. from what i understand, this car is MEANT to run CARPET/FOAM. i mean most production pics of this thing are showed with foam tires on it. that's one of the biggest red flag of all!!! rite on the box! and whats the first thing we all expect from a foam car? yep! thick @zz chassis plates!

so i took the two top plates off and sanded them down to 2mm each. the graphite was very inconsistant (stock thickness). high and low spots galore!! but now i have both plates where i want it. hopefully the thinner plates will allow for more flex therefore more grip. this will be my rubber ONLY car so i'm not too worried about putting the stiffness back in it. if this works out like i hope , i'll go ahead and sand the chassis down too. maybe 2.25 or 2.15mm. i know losi designed this car around thicker plates but i always wanted to see this car in action in "rubber spec" trim......any thiughts?