R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM
SteveL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
I set up my t bar car with the battery on one side as you have done. This was during outdoor season here and I ran the car a few times on asphalt. It ran fine, just as well as it did as a 4 cell car. No weird handling problems, end swapping etc. When we started running carpet (at the IIC) I tried it and it worked ok, but felt a bit lazy in the corners. This was with the asphalt set up and rather than working on the set up I just switched to a link car. If you work on your set up you should get the car to work quite well. I have seen other t bar cars (Serpent, 12L4) be quite competetive set up like this.

You keep talking about compensting for extra weight here or there, but your car is well over 100 grams lighter than it was in 4 cell form. The weight is not really farther outboard than a 4 cell car since the cells sat in approximately the same space, and again, its way lighter. I think you should just apply normal tuning procedure on the car and stop thinking it is so different from the 4 cell car
I needed that slap in the face, thanks! I have a tendency to over think things a little, just ask my wife.