R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 Forum
Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 06:39 PM
hardmankam
Tech Adept

knd:

I also have a TT01 for bashing. my experience is this: keep the tt01 as simple as possible. only upgrade the parts you think you will need.

you have already upgraded some essential parts like ball bearings and alu. shaft.

you may consider alu steering unit to minimize the slop, metal motor mount, oil filled dampers and universals for the front.

to me, that should be enough. other parts just keep it stock.

for 1-way or ball diff or spool .... it's really your driving style, it will not make the car go stronger or faster etc... I see the stock bevel gear very good match with a bashing tt01 as it is very strong and its dust proof.

if you change it to ball diff, you may get better diff action, but you will also need to clean the balls, flatten the plates on a regular basis. and if you happen to over tightened or make the diff too loose, you may burnt you ball diff.

for front 1-way, you will only get rear braking, so you have to slow down the car earlier and glide into the corner

for spool, you can have late breaking, but you will be stressing the esc, motor and all the moving parts

anyway, if you stay in rc and want to race later, its better to invest in a better 'race-ready' car, like a ta05. this is just my opinion.

Last edited by hardmankam; 12-16-2009 at 06:51 PM.