R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - To ROAR Fixed Timing On Stock Brushless Motors
Old 12-16-2009, 05:08 PM
schurcr
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred_B
I think that onroad does need three classes. Without arguing what motor and battery they should be here they are:

1) Stock. This is the slow class for new racers and the hobby guys that just want to race and have a good time.

2) Superstock. This is the "spec" class that we all know of as stock now. It should be where all of the competitive racers should be.

3) Mod. Pretty much exactly what it is today.

Rubber tire vs. foam needs to be decided by the racers and have it done with. Same thing with the batteries and motors.
Fred_B ..... this is the intent of the sportsman rules that ROAR is implementing

Originally Posted by jiml
Problem is nobody wants to run open, especially on the local level. And I don't blame them, it is harder on parts.

One thing you could do is eliminate 13.5. The speed difference between 17.5 and 10.5 is great enough that the racers would be better separated. Depends on how strong a following 13.5 has.
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
You know the more I think of it, especially in large races, 13.5 has become a "spec" mod class. I was at the IIC and Andy Moore and Barry Baker were running 13.5. And I see Barry just won the KO race in 13.5. It seems as if the top level mod racers like running a slower class. So maybe having 10.5 replace 13.5 would be a good idea...? I don't know...something to think about.
Problem with this is you already have guys running mod at national level races with 10.5. Now there's no gap in mod and 10.5

540 cans on the current crop of lipo ain't going to work either. I've sceen it run and it's every bit as fast as 27t was 2 years ago.