R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - does anyone make extended hubs for jammin'?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:44 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boxhead
Oh, so the XB8TQ is a difficult car to drive? If that is so then I feel better as I am forever putting the damn thing on its lid.

Would fitting 15mm wider hubs help in the handleing? I figure the wider the footprint the more stable it will be.

I understand the difficulties in short wheel base cars, this is my current 1:1 scale toy.
Yes, the XB8TQ is a difficult car to drive. However... it is tough as nails, and fast in the right hands. Parts wear (compared to other buggies) is virtually nonexistant. It is an "older" buggy, a little heavier than today's models. Good beginner car if you have quick reflexes. (If you don't... don't even try. lol) I drove my bud's XB8. ONCE. I made 2 laps, gave him the radio back and asked "how in the *&%$ do you drive this thing?" It will make you learn to be smooth... and learn to counter-steer.

Is that a "Factory 5?"