R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin Vs Castle
Thread: Tekin Vs Castle
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 05:44 PM
1BLADE1
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroViper6
dude whaz up !!!
hey man your being pretty resurved with what happend with your ESC's at the 1/8 scale Champs!!
didnt you go through 3 of those rx8's? 2 in one day? and you never crashed! your first run it stoped at the line your seconds run it did not look like you were pressing it? your 3rd run it fried? and your main it "Failed just as you were going to take the lead!!"
what happened??
we got the vid from your main i'll send some clips! was cool! even 4 minutes down when you got back on the track it looks like you got "ONE" of your laps back!!
and what body was that you were using? it wasnt a Stock RC8T?

easy Viper, easy......LOL
but i know what ya mean...no it Techincaly did not fry but i know your "Figure of Speach", there was a Technical issue and I was Only happy to relay the Issue, sure was a bit frustrating,understandable but "Things Happen" and i do believe they will be sure to take care of everything
and for now i am just "Using the Mamba's cause there isnt anything else available in my areas? if one of the stores "Had a Tekin" in stock i probally would have gotten another one
so no i havent Given up on Tekin's i have Faith in there Products and like all things there are Phases, i think of it like this i was just testing something and it just had a few glitches thats all
i would like to re-asure anyone it is just one of those things "It Happenes" i know at that race i felt like i "Let People Down" as well as some of my sponsors, but they all understood and like to point out TY, Jim, and Randy were VERY Helpful with getting me rolling.
Jim even made sure to go out of his way to see to it if i had something to "Use" for my Mains- but i was lucky enough one of my Sponsors let me Borrow one of his in My "Auxiliary Truck" the one you seen on my last 6minutes of the main, and we found out what happened to the first one (truck) one was just one of those "Race Related Things"
for the Body your right it wasn't a Stock RC8T is one of the ones we "Make" i just cant get used to the "My truck looks Steped on Look" with the newer bodies, so i made one it's Lower than the Punisher, and "Narrower" but was a "Prototype" a new one is already in the works, but this is not about me LOL
the issues for the ESC were just at that race, and there products are top notch there Motors as well i cant say enough! there better and more Efficient than the others i have tried.
the whole thing here was TEKIN vs. CASTLE i wouldnt say one is better than the other? i would say one has different options than the other,something i was pointing out
i mean if you were say a construction worker? and used your truck "On the Job" daily, you wouldnt get a Volkswagen Beetle??

same for the Mamba's and tekins there are different options for different applications, have to say the Tekin has more Program functions, with the Hotwire.

motor Wise, been running 1900Kv in my Buggies, and 2000Kv and 2250Kv in my trucks on 4S back east ran the 1900Kv in my Buggy and was way more than i needed
with Digital servos, i run a "Power Cap" just in case on my Reciever.
the BEC's from Either will be spot on