R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - going for my first electric car, have some Q's
Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM
ace921000
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default going for my first electric car, have some Q's

The nearest nitro track closed down by me and sadly its time to get into electric if I want to race and not drive 50 minutes away. I'm going to get the Team Associated b4 kit with a 10.5 novak brushless and esc combo. Here is a link to the motor. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tor-Combo-105T
What pinion gears should I run on this? I'm kinda lost on how to choose the right pinion gear. Novak says that the motor accepts all existing pinion gears from them. Am I safe to just buy any three pack of pinion gears? Also how many teeth should I run on the gear for this motor? I will be racing, so keep that into consideration. I don't think I'm going to get a lipo battery right now, or should I? I will also need to get a charger for the lipo if I decide to go that way. What else am I going to need for this thing? Obviously I need a servo. I already got that covered. Will I need to get dean connectors? What do dean connectors do? Any advice for a electric noob? Haha.