R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin Vs Castle
Thread: Tekin Vs Castle
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 09:55 AM
cruysen
Tech Initiate

hey guys!
first of all I would like to apologize for my english but I am from Germany and school is long ago...

I am reading rctech for several weeks now, as I am converting my Losi 8ight-T 2.0 from Nitro to electric.
For conversion I will use the Tekno RC Conversion Kit which I already ordered and received.
Since this year rules in germany only allow 4S hardcase Lipos with a max. amount of 5500mah. So I will use a 4S Setup without considering that 5S might have better efficiency.
In the past I wanted to buy the Tekin 2250 Truggy Motor with a Tekin RX8 ESC. But then I found the rc-monster.com Forum and read about many issues with the T8 rotor and ESC as well.
So the focus came on the MMM with a 2200 Castle Neu Motor. Also availability for caste systems is better in germany (or europe in general). There is only one dealer in germany who sells the Tekin Systems and he is waiting for new units since 3-4 weeks now.
I like the fact that the T8 is sensorless and I heard that it might be a bit more efficient. But sensored or not should be negligible when using the Teckno Kit and it's electric clutch.
Also I like the fact that the castle link will come along with the MMM and the equivalent from Tekin not. This makes the Tekin Set more expensiv than the castle Set.
But I do not know if the BEC from the MMM will get along with 2 strong, digital Servos. I did not find a specification about the Amps the BEC will get along with. The Tekin Set provides 5A which should be enough.
You see, I am totally lost with this decision... So please hekp me with that

One Question that I hope is easier to answer: Would be a system with 1900kv or 2000kv be more efficient than the 2250/2200 on 4S?

Thanks in advance,
a totally lost electric newbie