R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Question for you Machinists
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 07:23 PM
bjr48
Tech Regular

Do you already have a two piece engine mount? That's the last thing I built for myself and love it. It will allow you to learn the parts of the mill and how they work without overwhelming you with a complicated piece to make your first time and you will have a very nice addition to your ride if you don't have a two piece mount already and save yourself $50+ Just my two cents. These other pieces suggested would make a great second project but this one will make maintenance each week so much easier. Make sure you machine the bottom piece to have dowel holes for a press fit and the top part to have a slip fit so the dowels stay put in the bottom piece and you will never loose them. Your prof. will know how to help you with picking out reamers for dowel pins. Good first project.

Good first project for a lathe is a two piece cooling head/button like said above. Shocks would be very interesting too. If you don't need a cooling head make a miniature one for a keychain to show off your new skills!