R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - To ROAR Fixed Timing On Stock Brushless Motors
Old 12-13-2009, 08:15 AM
jiml
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
hence i'm ponderin goin back to the egg and doin 1/12. prob is local track apparently needs to fix the new carpet since apparently its acting like a triple or quad jump at end of straight. that and before i know it i'll be in my new house, mortgage poor, and outdoors will be here and i'll be lucky to race anythin at all.

i hate nitro, but perhaps too much of a good thing in electric is its own undoing.

R

100% agreement that folks love to 'buy' speed, and its not track time their buying.
Before you do that, consider the new speedos are at their best advantage with low voltage, like the single cell lipo that is the current 1/12 standard.

In touring car at least you have the 7.4 volt batteries, meaning you already have a tremdous amount of power. Sure you could still advance the timing but you would probably burn out motors before you saw any real speed advantage.

The answer in touring car is to take away traction, in other words go to rubber tire only. Foam tires are great but they give too much traction. Ever wonder why off road doesn't have the same problems with motors?