R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin Vs Castle
Thread: Tekin Vs Castle
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 08:07 PM
1BLADE1
Tech Master

well, for which to go with?? there both good,having ran the 1/8 scale champs at Revelation myself as well, I "First Time Used" the Tekin RX8's at this race though did not get a chance to "Compleatly" find there "Potential" for the "Little" i did have a chance to use them.
(was using LRP SPX8's up untill the day before this race)

but what i can say for the Tekin's
i would have to say, there "Very Smooth" and they have a fair amount of different settings to acomidate driving styles,

the Castle's are very good as well !!
"personaly" i have not come across hearing too many problems with the Mamba ESC's ?? but there may be, personaly i do not know?
i "Bought" couple of the Castle's there "TOUGH" not as "Smooth" as the Tekin's, so if you may want to consider this?

but this was at a "Dead Stop" however once the car is starting to roll you wont tell much of a difference, a pro might where they can feel the difference of .00000000003 seconds on a track?
so the "Coging Effect" is negligeble from a "Dead Stop"
a "Crawler" you may not like the Castle, the Tekin would be way better for this appication.
however the Tekin is Smoother still......

i use 4S as well on 2250Kv-2000Kv motors and 1900Kv motors.
like both they can be programed to different variations.
even on 4S with the Tekin's for the little time i had with the ESC's there temps were on "Average" with most on the market maybe a bit "Cooler" the Motors however! (T8) seem to be Slightly more Effcient than others on the market have used there motors with my LRP's (SPX8's) and the Castle's and there a little better than most of the motors on the market.
had "Several" Vector8 motors all just "Failing for no reasons? only one Neu ever went? but that was from something else.
the T8's have not had "Long enough" to give fair evaluation? but so far seem better than most.
out of the 4 T8's only ever had one go? though at the "Worst of timing" in the open A main Truggy! at the electric 1/8 scale champs! However in all fairness, there tech support from the team was great!

but out of the 2 the Castle or the Tekin,
both seem to be well thought out, tech support is good, and both can be "Programed"
one is Sensored(RX8) and one is not(Mamba)
"Seporate" programing hardware is needed for both, Castle's Include there's the Tekin's are sold seprately (cost Unknown?)
though Tekin's ESC has the "Onboard" ability to program some functions that are very helpfull,where you also have Led's for your Guages, that help alot. like Drag brake,Reverse,curent limiter,Neutral width,throttle profile,Motor Type,and vey Important! Voltage Cut-off
so these vaious options may or may not be a "Factor" for your choice.....

Castle's there is Soldering for the battery plugs.
and "Bullet Connectors" those "plug Into the ESC"

the Tekin's you will have to have some Soldering skills, as you will need to put your own "Wires on the Power Posts" this may seem Intimidating for some, it is easy, personaly i did not have a problem? but i come from a "Electric Background" from racing in 1/0 scale for many years.....
if you do not feel compleatly confident in this ask your local hobby shop? or have someone that can, i "Think" but i am not sure? but i think Tekin has a video to help with the Application for Installing the wires?
this may or may not be a factor.

but if you have to have it "Smooth" no matter what, the Tekin RX8, XeRun150-A, or the LRP SPX8 are the way to go!

tekin's roughly around 180.00-190 street price.(sensored)
Mamba's roughly around 150.00-160 street price.(unsensored)
LRP SPX8 roughly around 175.00 street price.(sensored)
XeRun 150-A roughly around 130.00 street price.(sensored/unsensored)