R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
It's Newbie day so another quick question. On the MI3.5, is there a toe angle built in to the rear arms? Also, the manual states a change of .60 degrees of toe for each .50 spacer used. Is that .10 difference that critical or do we just round things out to even numbers ie: assuming 1 degree built in to arms with 0 degree hubs....add .50 shim to inboard rear = 1.5 begrees total toe in ??

Regarding front inboard toe...when would it be adviseable to change inboard toe vs. outboard toe only. All my previous cars only adjusted toe via turnbuckles. Isn't changing inboard toe also affecting castor ?
The arm itself has ZERO toe setting. You can adjust the inboard toe in/out by adding and removing shims at all those purple hinges. Schumacher has the -1* outboard toe-in aluminum rear upright to purchase though. It is a good option to have.

I don't think adding 0.5mm shim = 0.5 degrees...I don't know there is a conversion there but you should always use the setup station to double check your angles. Also, it does not need to be 0.1 degree that kinda critical because it is all depends on your setup station....my $40 Integy alum station read alittle different then the $100 HUDY one but BOTH are not like 100% correct right on the number cause when you are measuring/reading, you will find out your arm, bearing, axle...everything has some kinda play allow, that will cause a different reading on the guage. I would say...push the suspension down couple time and read the number...as long as that match what you would like, that is close enough.

Again, I rather spend more time on the TRACK driving then wrenching and reading numbers....