R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 02:55 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can't believe I'm gonna do this but.... Yokemad, if it's GMCC your running at, can I suggest you go and have a look at Rich Thorpes car... he's running a 416, so should be able to help you out on a setup direction

As for the setup, I would certainly say you were running it too softly sprung to start with... White/Blues is deffiently the way to go for the springs.

Also, have a check of those 44mm rear driveshafts, and make 100% sure they aren't touching the diff nut anywhere during the suspension movement. Given your running the rear end even narrower than kit, I have a suspicion that the 44mm driveshafts might be binding up at the rear on compression, as I know I could get the blade too touch the nut with the XA/E blocks on and 2° of camber...

And change the rear blocks to XA/E, whilst the narrower ones give more grip and a bit quicker rotation, they can be very hard to drive... with the 1mm under the rear blocks, you should have enough rotation already.

As for the ackerman, less shims will take aware overall steering, but increase initial responsiveness, whilst more does the opposite... by the sounds of it, you want to put more shims in there to calm down the twitchyness (as has already been suggested)

And one final thing to try, if you have shead loads of grip... go too 7F/6R on the droop... it works a treat to stop the car traction rolling (ran on the sweeps and X1 this weekend at MM-RR, and that helped a load).

HiH
Ed