R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
andrewdoherty
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
OK, my question is this: What is better a booster or an RX pack?

The reason I ask is that I'm the only one using a booster out of 6 racers and was consistently the slowest by .5 to 1 sec per lap. Even at full throttle on the straight I was passed.

Thing is that we are all using 1S and 13.5 motors. It is divided between Tekin RS and Novak GTB 4 cell ESC.

My motor timing is 0, timing boost is 20, max turbo, .5 delay. Rollout is 60 to 70. Tires are the same as everyone's. I don't get it. Even drag racing it falls behind. Since I'm the only one using a booster I'm beginning to think that I have a power loss in there.

Next time out I'm going to try a pack.

Also a few weeks ago the timing ring became loose on my Tekin 13.5 and went to max motor timing together with 20 timing boost the motor temps went into the 160 - 170 range. Would this be one of the problems with the lack of speed and punch I have now?
I have been running 1s 12th for quite a while and have tested boosters vs rec packs quite a bit. I can't find any difference in lap times. I've tested it at home and even in Vegas. I run a booster for convenience sake. I can understand running one or the other for personal reasons (yang, ) but there is no difference in lap times imho.

Here's some data. We had a larger race in our area recently. Mike Dumas ran a receiver pack in his car and I had a booster (as well as Brian Stanton and Jason Ertrachter who qualified ahead of me and behind Dumas). All four of our hotlaps were within .2 tenths. Recently Ive even managed run faster with more car tuning to this particular layout.