R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
For gearing my FDR right now is about 4.25 . Feels perfect top end wise.

I am however using a Tekin Redline 21.5 motor . The motor though is not getting hot, its like 120 degrees max coming off the track, while other guys in the hunt using the ballistics are getting in the 160s. I haven't played with the physical timing on the motor itself (coming from a sensorless background here) as I was thinking that whats in the software matters versus what the motor is set too, so I just left it at from the factory.
I can tell you this...our A-main fast guy running 4.6~4.7 final drive with the USVTA rule. I have never used anything near 4.2 final drive for USVTA...yes, you should MAX out your timing (AMTS) and try between 8 or 9 on DRRS. Then...advance your timing on the motor but keep your gearing around 4.6. I would use 312a first...then may be try the 323a and see it is faster or not.

Give that a try...not always the higher the final drive the better.

Also, handed your car to 1 of the fast guy and have him to run it and check his lap time...my exact same car was driven buy the top guy and he can do about a second faster then myself and within .3 second to his own car...that proved to me that it was my driving. USVTA is a bitch to deal with, you can only go so far on equipment, but most of the time, is about carrying corner speed and FAST...