R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - US INDOOR CHAMPS 2009
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 07:48 PM
rc-speed
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfirsching
I agree with the last few posts as well. At our track, at the end of last indoor season we were running about 54 laps on the layout we had with 4 cell. At the beginning of this indoor season on the same layout with LiPo we were running about 56 laps (without the Advanced speedo). The cars have less acceleration but are much faster through the corner. Add what Walt said with the motors and speedo's (and the huge improvement in LiPo batteries in just a few months) and I think top speed is about the same now if not faster.

Also I have a question about LiPo for everyone. I have heard several people say they think the cars (1/12) are easier to drive now thanks to LiPo. My opinion is that the cars are more responsive, and they carry more speed through the infield making them a little harder to drive. Most people can handle horsepower on the straightaway, but a faster twitchier car in the infield in my opinion is harder to drive. One reason I mention this is I noticed a lot of crashing at Cleveland this year (including a lot out of myself) and heard a couple others comment on it as well. What do you guys think?
I agree 100%. I think some of the crashing is due to the lighter weight cars! If you touch anything you get thrown a long way.