R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2WD electric Sedan to save the class?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 02:35 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by boyntoncyclone
Look, as racers we are always looking for the edge, no matter what class you race whether it is spec or mod you have to spend to compete.
If it is spec, there is always the 4 or 5 who will always race with a set of fresh tires for every heat, the highest C rating, the latest greatest esc and motor. It is just the way it is, you mention RC GT, well I race RCGT, I started with a Cyclone sport and a Novak Havoc Spec 17.5 system and some decent 25c packs, well my skills are good and getting better and now I am tired of finishing mid pack, well I need a SPX, some better batts and a deeper pool of tires to pull from, not to mention 3 or 4 bodies because those affect the handling too. Now I do this with out whining because that is what I choose to do.
If 4wd buggy is too expensive as well as any other class, move into a class you dont mind dropping cash into. Remember ANY hobby is expensive if you want to be competitve and win.
If you just want to run and hang with the guys thats fine, you can then control your spending and have fun, however if your desire is to finish top three, well that will require some commitment and expenditure of money.
+1