R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AUSTRALIAN EVENTS CALENDAR
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 04:20 AM
Chickentrader
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJ
I have no problem with that. We did this not to piss anyone off. There was a lot of talk about doing what we had already, as we used this system last year for Challenge Cup. The trouble with google is that you have to create a calendar for every section and then link them together. BK idea is a good one but until it is put into action its all air. If Lars want to contact us then "I think" we can give him permmision to edit it and then say he looks after nitro and we look after electric??? What ever you want. If you want to delete then delete it, it's no skin off my nose.
The Chickentrader calendar is there to assist everybody, and I want to co-operate with anyone to put information out there, and this website would be a better place for a comprehensive calendar. I would be pleased to assist with the Google calendar if can help. I should have some time to contact some of the clubs that may have by now scheduled some events next week. and I'll keep you updated.

The format of the Chickentrading calendar was decided on specifically to make it easy to copy, paste and print all the months, for such users as club committees for example, that are looking for a slot to schedule an event, and to find things quickly. I think the Google calendar format is great, but I thought that a plain text document would be better for the purpose that I outlined above; having calendars in different formats would complement each other, and we should be publishing both.

I'll help as much as I can.

Kindest regards,
Lars.