R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F1 CARPET TRACK IN HYDE PARK, NY
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 02:04 AM
rcracer1958
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I thought the spec motor for RCGT was a silver can...and HPI xpattern tires, scaleish body. i'm going to double check, but i think there's even a battery limit. RCGT isn't a class we're making up...it's a class that's being run at other places, we're trying to adopt their rules seeing as the class fits the small space we have.
as far as the layout is concerned....if the drivers stand behind the poles we're giving up half the space we have to race.

Road course racing is tonight...we have six definites and 2 maybes
small start...but at least it's racing.
Everyone is welcome and we'll get everyone a chance on the track if they bring a viable car.
RCGT is not going to be full rule compliance tonight, as almost everyone has to get tires, bodies, and a silver can. for tonight, and possibly next week, we're going to run any roar stock motor other than cobalts(blue can trinity based). we'll figure out gearing tonight and i'll post that as soon as it's final.

If anyone is looking at the track and saying"it's not much of a roadcourse", we're keeping it simple for the first few weeks as most of our racers are oval guys(they don't turn right very often ) i have another layout drwn up that will be more technical that we'll probably try some time in january.

Lastly, 1/12th scale should be ready for next week ( finding tires at this time of year is tougher than i thought it would be, everyone is out of stock on the compounds we need)