R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EFRA numbers... Help
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Gizmatron
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think you'll find cobra that we weren't suggesting that pipes without an efra number were knock offs or poor quality simply because they weren't homologated..we were suggesting that some pipes with the same EFRA number on them but made by different companies, whilst technically the same pipe performance wise, may well be made of lower grade materials and/or of a lower quality control etc..these are usually cheaper so it's a buyers choice.same performance maybe but almost certainly the cheaper pipe will break sooner.I know some good manufacturers offer the same pipe in several finishes..jp to name but one use chrome or their "hard coated "finish..I've never used one so can't comment on which is better..

regarding EFRA rules I quite agree it's about the money..would love to buy a GO 0801 for my MG66 to try but as it's only FEMCA rated I can't race with it in europe..shame..but if you race in unsanctioned races sure use whatever pipe you like.I don't know how you find out which pipe without an EFRA number matches one with..use the forums I guess...

EFRA's best ruse yet has been pending here for 2 years now..they want to issue new noise regs for all pipes to pass which will mean re-testing all current homologated pipes (at I'm sure NO discount price to the manufacturers)and adding some kind of new noise pass stamp to the pipe.If you already own a pipe that passes the proposed regs it won't have the new stamp engraved on it..Naturally they won't allow you engrave said stamp retroactively,and to be fair the manufacturers will want to recoup the costs involved, so racers will find themselves having to buy the exact same pipe a second time just to have either the same EFRA number with a second tiny stamp or more likely they will simply issue every pipe a new number beginning with a 3 or a 4 or something else..our federation has advised us not to buy any new pipes unless we have to until what is actually going to happen (or not) is made clear..what a rip off....naturally various european groups are fighting this.