R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F1 Racing
Thread: F1 Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2002, 09:46 AM
psycho
Tech Master

ausracer

I think the blues will be too hard for asphalt and the greens will be too grippy for carpet. I would suggest that you run green rear/purple front for asphalt and (if you can find them) grey rear/purple front for carpet. Actually, greys are great for asphalt too, but they are hard to find. You'll probably want to get a tire truer so you can just buy donuts and glue them up yourself. I run 25 or 30 weight oil in my my F1 cars and it seems to be about right. I would gear around the 6:1 area to start with. The P2K has a lot of torque, so you might need to gear lower to keep the backend from coming around if the traction isn't so good. Somewhere in the 5:1 to 6:1 range should be right. I usually run a Reedy MVP on tracks with low traction because it has less torque in the lower rpms and more torque in the higher rpms. It's not a great advantage on a small track, but it makes the car more manageable when you jump on the throttle out of a tight turn. P2K Pro is an awesome motor in F1 when you have good traction. Good luck!