R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Brushless Serpent 966
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Julius
Is there nothing positive you can say....
Sheesh if you look at the tarmac you'll see it is damp. The Heemstede track where they wanted to test was still wet. So they went here. I don't know what you think you hear on the clip you posted, but to me it's just a very short missed shot.

For all your usefull comments in the beginning of this thread, I read through the 1/8th electric thread on the elec on road forum. Seems you have a lot of comments and ideas of how it should be done, but no actual experience of your own.

So you might want to refrain from stating "Facts" as 4s does not work etc. As as far as I can read in the other threads, 4s is the only thing that is working for guys in the US at the moment.
If you really looks thru all my comments...at the end, I am still waiting to see the "TRACK" performance of this vehicles. I DID NOT mention anything NEGATIVE from what Serpent did....I owns over 12 serpent thruout the last 20 years of RC racing and I don't know why I am still buying Serpent. But I am disappointed to seeing you saying I am bad mouthing SERPENT when I was clearly "concerning" about the 966e electronics specification.

I don't have solid "FACTS" to prove because I am not like SERPENT that can spend money on development, research, testing, trail and error....I can only see what I can find online and my very limited resource...

BTW...I have blew up 2 sets of 1/8th speedo and uncounted motors for my own 1/8th project...I just don't see their spec can handle the 1/8th on road. And when I see the 966e with this configuration...all I am asking is the SPEC of the motor, batteries and other stuff so I can understand what Serpent did.

I am sorry if you think I am negative about the 966e, I did not say a word saying THIS DOES NOT WORK...I am still waiting to see the SPEC of the electronics, and the video of the 966e on track, possible running along side with the 966, for comparison. And, I said, I am looking forward to see that...never said a word before seeing the video and the spec. If you can provide the video, the information about the speedo/motor and lipo...please do so so I can purchase one myself...