R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 10:28 AM
RCGaryK
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Need some advice before heading to the Novak race in a few hours. Traction has come up big time with guys running foam tires. Because of this, there are 2 places on the track where I'm trying to keep the car from traction rolling: in the middle of the high speed sweeper, and coming out of a chiccane on to the longest straight. I have the firmest Losi bar on front, and I have firmed up the outer bead of the tire with CA. I'm running 80wt ft, 70 rear, 2F block with LRC in front, 4r block in the HRC holes but using lrc blocks with .020 shims under them. I was thinking of moving the front shocks out one hole on the shock tower, I am at the second hole from the inside, so I can move out 2 holes. I as also debating of giving the car more front camber so there is less of a likelihood of the tire rolling and folding the bead under. This started happening when I bolted the handout tires on, before I was running newer tires in rear then front, same CS 27 compound. I like the car in the infield with the fresh tires all around so I don't want to resort to scuffing the fronts. any suggestions? I am leaving in about 2-2.5 hours. Thanks in advance.