R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Electric off road racing
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Arigato
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
More and more tracks are having big event races twice a year with Trophys and sometimes cash payouts. Heading out to a Trophy race this Sat.

Usually for a payout style race, they increase cost per class $10-20 over the normal fee, and the more racers in each class the more $ for 1st,2nd,3rd.

Payout races kinda suck though. Everyone gets a bad attitude and starts acting like a donkey congressman. Scratch that.......payout races blow chunks completley.

Cash payout races make no sense, if I wanted to make money I'd nail my Xray 808, Sc10 and B44 to a board and shoot them for target practice, take all my tools, btterys, chargers, etc., and throw them in the lake. That would be about the same as winning $2000 in payouts every year.

Trophy races are nice though. They attact a larger crowd, no moneys involved and they often cost the same as a club race. More laid back atmosphere. $15-20 for your first class, and $10 for each class extra you choose to run.

When a track gets rebuilt and a new season begins, seems to be the time when trophy races occur. They schedule the big races while the track is still nice and fresh.

Weird pattern I'm noticing that Trophy races go smoother and are more fun than races involving prizes/payouts.
Perfect!!!