R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread
Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 AM
BigNasty
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

first of all, welcome Jerell to the team.

2ndly --- there is all kinds of useful info posted on rctech... just not usually on this thread this is like the SRS cb radio... and we all talk shit, myself included. if you want something useful go to the search window and look on the other more serious threads. if you need to know what tires work at SRS, then call the shop. bus won't lie to ya.

3rd, the leprechaun really does weigh 104... if you don't believe me then put him on a scale!

i don't get bent outta shape about this shit... we all talk smack at the track. i talk a load of it and i cant even get outta the B main. and like i said before, all the TT haters here sure are nice in person.
-
We all started out NOT racing for the most part and that includes all the serious, non-terrible 'good' racers, too. we all had tmaxxes, and grasshoppers, and bullshit that wouldn't do a hot lap if it had to and we drove 'em in our backyards and driveways. if anyone is REALLY put off by TT, i'll have you know that we are about RACING. doesn't matter if you're an A main drivier or if you suck and can't finish a qualifier.... or if you've never heard of a transponder, or if you have a box full of AMB for your fleet of vehicles that have never seen anything other than a fully prepped track.... people say there are no qualifications for being on TT but there is one: Not for bashers, but for racers. You gotta race. We've gotten a lot of people all over (not just here in the phx metro area but world-wide) into racing and out to a local track to meet people who race, see what's what and spend money at their local track. Sure, a lot of people join to get a hookup on some discounts, but it's about racing. bringing new people into the racing scene EVERYWHERE. europe. australia. asia. usa. etc etc etc.

if new people didn't come into the hobby, then the same old guys would get tired of the same old guys and find something else to do and then there'd be nothing but those 3 or 4 haters left, with nobody to race with or make fun of on rc tech. at that point, you might as well charge up your hump pack with the old school charger with the timer knob that goes 'DING' after 15 minutes (if your hump pack doesn't burst into flames first), slap it in your grasshopper and play toy car in the back yard by yourself. lipo and brushless won't matter because, hey- you're just racing against yourself, right?

a lot of this is also a electric vs. nitro thing... sorry, folks you can try and wish nitro away, but it probably won't work. SRS has the biggest electric race around with the cactus... ever stop and think that us nitro guys come out to watch and cheer YOU on? in fact, i'm planning on racing the cactus this year with a rented flashlight. i like to race, and i've been looking into Pro2. i'd get my ass handed to me in a hot minute trying to race SRS 2 wheel anything, and most of the guys who race electric could not figure out where the hell the fuel goes in my 1/8 scale. so what? who cares? i've popped on a lot of people's ball cups on front ends of 1/10 buggies and trucks even though wheeler says don't do it... cuz i'm havin fun at the races, and i want you to have a good time as well.... in fact i did that at the states last year, and it was a novice kid... him and his dad were very grateful, and didn't expect that... you know what? he finished that main and you should have seen the look on his face. i hope he's still racing...

it's ok to talk shit here, fellas. just don't take it too seriously, and know the difference between talking shit and bashing on someone or a group of people just to be an asshole. hell, douglas and vareck are friends now, so anything is possible... in the words of rodney king, 'Can't we all just get along?"

- now where's that rainbow unicorn smiley? hmmmm

Last edited by BigNasty; 12-02-2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling Jerell's name right