R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC / Advanced Electronics Black Diamond Speedo - Ban due to cost??
Old 11-30-2009, 11:12 AM
PutAwayWet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Solution for the Club Level?

I started the program out here in Seattle and we are having a solid 1:12 turnout. In so many ways, 1S has been a blessing, but this speedo war is coming at the wrong time. I don't favor the notion of banning new products. But sometimes a step has to be taken to give competitive racers on a budget a fighting chance. At the same time the Black Diamond is out, the Novak Havoc 1S is out. There's a 10.5 package that can be had for $150-$160 (grind the heatsink, or the direct fit low profile plate is $6, and the booster is built in.) So...

Any speedo, any profile, any motor up to a 13.5t, or...

the Novak Havoc 1S/10.5t package as a Super Stock alternative. You'd have to run the Novak motor, and the hash mark has to line up with the backplate screw. But, at less than half the price, with the motor, it might give the competitive budget racer some hope. I suppose, too, that the same model could apply to Stock.

Travel racers can still do what they think they have to do, but the all-important club racers get some defense.

(And BTW, I'm not affiliated with, sponsored, or otherwise supported by Novak in any way.)