R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - US INDOOR CHAMPS 2009
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 AM
miller tyme
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
quick question:

how did mod 12th manage to tq 3.5 laps faster than ss-12th, if the new speedo is a half second faster? .....
talk to me, here, folks. or did everyone sell out?
As mentioned 1cell did not affect them proportionetly. Previously mod could not use all the power available. Slow mod down does not mean slower lap times if they are now able to use al the power

Originally Posted by SteveL
1/12 Scale Super Stock A Main:

So did everyone in the 1/12 scale 13.5 SS A Main run the Advance Blackdiamond? Those fast laps look pretty close to me.

And the Masters A Main:

1 ELI EZROW 10.181
2 WAYNE GERBER 10.249
3 CHUCK LONERGAN 10.209
4 PHIL ZIMMERMAN 10.523
5 WAYNE VINCE 10.455
6 RANDY GROSSE 10.490
7 BRIAN WYNN 10.176
8 TERRY ROTT 10.445
9 JIM PIERSOL 10.441
10 FRANK CALANDRA 10.395

I know all of these guys were not running a Blackdiamond but not sure which ones were.
Can't speak for the classes I did not run but the masters A, I KNOW all but Gerber were runnin the BD and I think he was as well. In TC Stock the top 3 were using it and despite bouncing around 3rd still managed 3rd

As for the event itks self. This was my first Champs and I was not impressed. First the decision to allow a speedo with availability limited to the previliged or rich was BS and obviously favored the sponsor. The annoucing was mediocre with most wondering who was who, how much time was left etc. I think. The track was ok, considering it is a temporary track it was acceptable but in general if I had to choose I'd rather go to the Halloween Classic, the Gate crew is awesome