R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Power Racing Swift
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 06:31 PM
racer rich
Regional Moderator

Thumbs up

I am also a new Swift owner. I have been racing since 97 (mostly electric on-road/off-road) and have had my fair share of kits. Losi's, Associated's, Trinity's, Kawada's, Ofna's, Tamiya's, Kyosho's, etc, etc, etc. A few days ago I saw this buggy at my LHS and was VERY IMPRESSED. I have had my Kinwald Edition buggies, my Graphite Plus trucks, and I have to say the quality was very good. If it was ARR without engine/radio/servos, I would have bought it on the spot.

I called up happytime (the distributor) and asked about an ARR version. The gentleman on the phone had to be nicest fellow I have spoken with that was affiliated with RC, or better yet anything for that manner. Very pleasant, caring and helpful. He was able to accomodate me. Through my LHS, I ordered and ARR Swift for $299.99.

It will be here tomorrow. He already gave me instructions to locktite everything--including the universals.

I am pretty new to gas and completely new to 1/8 scale buggies. I will be on here alot with tuning/setup questions and I hope we can generate a very informative thread like there is for more prevalent cars.

It would be great to make RCTECH a home for the Swift, but currently the rcnitrotalk forums seem to have largest Swift following.

Other than locktite-ing all metal-to-metal parts, is there anything else I should do to get it race-ready? Right after I break my engine in I will be racing at the track (this Sunday), so I want to get everything set.

The last time I raced competitively was nearly 2 years ago. I am so psyched to be back in it!

See ya around!

Last edited by racer rich; 01-08-2004 at 06:47 PM.