R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T3
Thread: XRAY T3
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Fred Hubbard
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
No but the chassis, like me, is the most valuable part of the car.

breaking another part of the chassis scares me more. I think in 5 years of racing I've only seen 1 broken chassis. At least lower plates.
5 years...that's it?!?...not trying to be rude here so please don't be angry with me but I've been racing competitively off and on for the past 17 years. Started with 6 cell 12th and I've seen chassis break in DD cars and touring cars...it happens! Forgot to add about this statement you made "BMW didn't cause the accident but they are responsible for building a car that isn't safe." BMW would be responsible IF it were deemed that the car was defective but that isn't the case with Xray. It would be foolish of anyone to say that with all we know about Xray quality from past cars that they didn't test this car extensively. And they even went back and did more testing by requesting drivers to come to their facility and delibertly crash their cars and they still didn't experience the issue and then beat the hell out of mount in that area without any failures so it could be said that the chassis design isn't defective by nature. Let me ask this, what do you think they should do now? Recall every car and take it off the market and redesign the car? I'm just a bit confused as to why this is still such an issue after they have addressed it.