R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T3
Thread: XRAY T3
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Fred Hubbard
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I agree that the hammer video is compelling but it was only hit from one direction. I'm not going to pass judgement on those that have broken it since we don't necessarily know how they race relative to us. Perhaps they run mod and you run stock. Perhaps your track has click track /flappers and theirs are 2X4s, or perhaps there was just a bad batch of CF. I have seen and heard of enough of these broken chassis to see that this isn't just an isolated incident. I agree that it is great that Xray has come out with a fix for this but to say it is normal that a chassis breaks and that people shouldn't be upset about it is just ridiculous. I have raced about 15 different cars over 5 years and have never broken a chassis on any of them.

Let me put it another way. Do you carry around a spare chassis plate? Do you carry around spare suspension parts?

Also it appears Xray has a picture of a part and a part#. As far as I can tell you can't get it anywhere yet. At least not in the US.
For the record I run Mod and 13.5 once my 2nd car arrives next week. Currently I don't have any parts for this car and have been running it for the past 2 weeks. I've never carried around a spare chassis either and don't plan to. We had a pro driver break his new T3 last week and broke the chassis, and some other parts but I'm quite sure not this specific part. Again, if this issue was caused due to a defect that causes the crash and the subsequent issue then I'd understand but it's the reverse! It's like me crashing my Bimmer and then going to BMW and saying hey I crashed my X and since 100 other drivers around the world crashed and their front end is damaged as well then it's your fault!