View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 05:28 PM

RCROD
Tech Rookie

I forgot to post earlier. I received a quick update direct from HPI on Nov.24th advising that the new Vorza should be rolling into the warehouse later this week & leaving shortly after to the shops. (It's already the 28th, so probably already at their warehouse & being sent to the hobby stores now ?) I've seen it listed at A Main hobbies & RC Planet for $619, Select RC for $599 (say they'll match any price). If currently a repeated customer at A Main hobbies, I believe their offering a better percent discount, than I've seen before.

HPI advised me "you'll absolutely love this thing". Nothing needs upgrading, even has a digital MG servo. I asked their tech if I need to be concerned with
changing pinion sizes when changing from NiMH to Lipo, or even 14.8 Lipo to 22.2v Lipo & the Flux motor & ESC (made by castle) has no problems overheating. Plus I think the motor looks so cool with those huge colling fins. Based on the world champ Hot Bodies & with all the cnc 7075 parts (usually only see cast 6065 aluminum on RTR's), it looks almost bulletproof to me. This thing looks like it Rocks & from what I can see, only the radio probably needs upgrading + I already have the Spektrum DX3s radio, so only problem for me is the initial Lipo battery & dual Lipo charger cost to add electric to my nitro collection. If I already had a couple of Lipo batteries & dual charger, it is a no-brainer, sold, where's my Vorza.....

I believe there will be a resurgence in 1/10 scale due to advancement in electric (Lipo & brushless), as 1/10 scale only takes 1 battery to run, compared to 2 batteries in 1/8 scale. Hopefully 2010 we will see lots of RC companies offering brushless 4WD 1/10 scale truggies. This is only my opinion, but hope I am correct (maybe see a brushless LOSI TEN-T ?)

cheers,
RC ROD