R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I dont know if any of you racers keep up with N.H.R.A. drag racing or not but the powers that be tried to slow the Top Fuel cars down by limiting gear , them limiting nitro, now by shortening the tracks to 1000 feet. Guess what ? They are still going the same top speeds. Advancements are going to happen in all forms of racing , either embrace them or stop racing the class! If you want to keep up then go buy what the fast guys have, if you still cant keep up I guess you need some set up and driving lessons. Look people I`ve been racing RC for 20 years , I`ve seen the classes evolve , Ive seen Oval die off. Lipos are the new World order along side advancements in Speed Controls. Company's like Tekin and Novak rely on racers to buy new stuff every so often. When the class was conceived there wasn't that much in the way of really fast speedos , now there are several choices. Just let the class evolve naturally. If there has to be an Expert and Novice split OK.
Now lets talk about something else.........Like...........Getting some different bodies made!
I hear 'ya, I'm still wishing HPI or Protoform would make some new ones like the '69 Mustang Boss 302 or the AMC Javelin.....