R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 03:32 PM
DARKSIDE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love this thread...YUMMY!!!!

why dont we wait awhile and see what the r/c industry does in the next 6 months...I think by that time 90% of all VTA racers will be running 21.5/lipo w/ newer esc's....if not already running....

something to really think about...we need to just start racing and supporting the "BIG" races....cause before long it will be something else to get ppl all bent about...like the

HPI Camaro...we should outlaw that body cause so many ppl use it...
Robinson Pinion Gears....they are light-weight
Paragon/Ragu Mix....cause it gives me an advantage over other racers...
Belt drive chassis....to smooth for VTA
ect...
ect...
ect...

the buck should stop here....this class is a great class just the way it is....no need for change...if you are getting you tail handed to you by your local fast guy...and he is running adv esc, and nobody else is...ask him to turn it OFF!..

when I built my TC5r/SPX/21.5/SMC 4000/28c/Futaba 9551 car...my race director told/asked me not to run that car against the locals cause of the speeds it was producing, plus my "great" driving....I said no problem...and we continued to race and have fun....now 8 months later almost all the guys that would be in the "A" "PRO" class/division are running SPX/Tekins/KO's... without any arguement among the 40+ racers here....

you have to see that if it aint the ESC's it will be something else...lets just run what we have and stay within the rules and have some FUN!!!!