R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VTA tuning Q&A
Thread: VTA tuning Q&A
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 01:02 PM
BadSign
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
Good thing you brought that up. I know its been covered in the past but is still a good subject to bring up. your right Tires are probly #1 when it comes to setups expecialy if the tires are new then forget handleing so to start tire prep and storage are huge. I like to clean my tires with WD-40 and for adding traction compound keep it consistant! if you cover the rears 100% and only 50% of the front then keep the routine the same as for storage at the end of a race clean and goop you tires and store in a air tight bag (Zpiloc) as for breaking in new tires the only way I know is to just run them but you can always Pre break in the tires. for me I clean them as soon as I take them out of the package then goop the rears and front 100% and store in a bag, after that each day pull them out,goop,and reseal lengh of time will depend on your pacience and your own methods. I try for 1 week then mount them. (a whole nother sublect) this is the method I try to use. anyone else have tips they wish to share
I clean my tires after every run with lighter fluid. Douse the rag and rub off the gunk, and keep going until the rag comes off the tire clean. The last pair of tires I broke in just by doping, then storing in a ziplock bag for a week or two. When I got tothe track they were ready to go.