R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 08:25 AM
J.Whiting
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g12314
I've been running anywhere from 7.0 - 7.6 FDR in 13.5 on tracks smaller than 100'. 30 degrees total timing, max turbo, 0.5 delay. Motor without heatsink/fan comes off at 145 after 6 minutes. With the light gearing, the infield rip is great, and the turbo pulls me down the straight. Your mileage may vary, but I felt with all the timing advance (turbo) I was overgeared and kept dropping teeth till I stopped accelerating at the end of the straight.

Jeremy,

Did you ever try dropping like 5 teeth and run like we talked about in Green Bay? Just curious on the results. See you in a couple weeks for the Hurricane race.

Jimmy

yup gave it a whirl and could not get out of a corner very good. i had alot of wheel spin. put lines on the tires and did some taping. all you can see off a corner is lots of whel spin. i did drop a tooth or two from what i have been running and very little spin. car has been 3-5 tenths faster than the rest of the guys. some due to tekin and some from the 09 corally..

you going to come up fri. for some practice?? if you need a place to crash you can crash on the couch. jeremy