R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 08:17 AM
wiscnitro
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The rules or class should change to make it a Spec class. We also all know driving is a huge part of the class too. (our track for example) if your average lap times are a 14.1 and the top 3 are all running 13.5's your gonna lose no matter what ESC Motor,Battery you have. even if you have a clean run and your a good driver a terible setup will put you in the back and the fast guys will always stay were they are because they know who the slow ones are so stay were the winning is. BUT we also know your electronics can have a advantage on the field. I don't think a rule change will kill the class just from experience. I grew up around Drag racing and dirt track racing my whold childhood and still,(but not as much) to this day and rules changed all the time and you would see the same drivers 90% of the time. same thing it was all out of pocket and the little they did get didnt matter. I rember my uncle winning in his class and he got $20 and a 12 pack of beer and a cheap plastic trophy but when the rules changed he changed to comply because he loved the racing and the people he ran with. So the whole point is don't fear change because eather 1 most will comply or if we lose racers new drivers that wan't to race will feal more comfortable because they will have limited chocies and not feal that they have to spend the big $$ to try and be upfront. Sorry for the speach but if I realized this class was gonna be this much of a headace I would be doning other kinds of racing and it wouldent be in Rc. I love the class and the friends i have made but it is getting old. Spec it and ill stay and im sure it will be a postive out come. Now I hand the mike off and step off the podium for someone else