R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 07:54 AM
J.Whiting
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If it were me I'd start out with 5-10 on the motor, 15 on timing boost with 10 turbo .2 delay to start out. Find you gearing without the turbo at first. I'd be looking for the best punch/midrange feel first. The layout is simiiar to the IIC vegas layout with a few corners swapped around. The 180 entrance to the straight will most likely put you in the .2 to .4 delay depending on when you pick up throttle.

You will need to use all the torque the motor can give you WITHOUT overtiming it in the first place. This is the easiest mistake to make and is quite common...

If I took a stab at FDR I'd say in the 6.2ish range...
we run on a similar sized track... fdr 6.2 motor timing 10, boost 12, turbo 20 .3 delay... throttle curve 4 or 5. motor temp's in the 140-155 range. i am usually 3-5th's faster that the rest of the guys at our track. my top 20 laps are a 1/10 or two faster than there single fast lap. love my tekin. since i have been running the rs 8 guys have since bought a tekin for onroad or offroad use. thanks tekin for the great product............. jeremy