R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 03:18 PM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by fastharry
thanks Profi......

let me ask you this.....When you need to get the front midshaft out.......and the rear 2 sp shaft..(for changing belts on each end)..

How easy is that to do?......We were comparing this car to the r40 as far as ease of maintenance...And not for anything,you can both belts changed in a r40 in a few minutes....
In case, I get into trouble again, I'm not Proficar403.

This is the front midshaft. Notice that the pulleys (19T and 22T) are located at the sides of the front midshaft. The front belt can slip sideways into the mid 19T pulley as it is not restricted by the mid bearing block like can be found on the 705 / Impulse design. Is the R40 the same?

This is the rear side where the 2 speed layshaft sits. There are only 3 screws holding the left rear bulkhead from the bottom of the chassis (not shown). You can access or mount the rear belt on the 24T brake pulley by first taking out just one screw on the carbon fibre brake bracket (802303) that attaches to the left side rear bulkhead. Unscrew the left side tensioner screw to the left rear bulkhead. Unscrew and release the 22T rear side layshaft pulley and you can access the 24T brake pulley already by sliding out the left rear bulkhead.

Well, after all being said, if at the end of the day the R40 can do 2 minutes faster than the 710 in changing belts, what's the point? As far as I can remember, there are no trophies for the fastest belt changer !