R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proposed new 1/8th scale 2WD Pan Car “Classic” class for 2010 Southwest Series
Old 11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
djmachinist
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kaotickc
Umm....why not just do a "spec" class for 1/8 4wd that requires use of these spec engines. I have the RB in my car right now...and its more than enough to do the job in a 4wd. Why require everyone to guy buy another kit.

It's good to have the "spec rules" for new people...but I do not think there will be enough "new" people to get the class going, you will still need support from the local racers as well.

To me its gonna be easier to sell the spec engine to people, than a whole new car platform.

Also, after doing a little bit of searching, where are you gonna find these cars and parts in the U.S.? You gonna have new people ordering all this stuff from Italy, EU ?
The cars are already available in the US from Motonica USA, Garen got mine in two weeks. He is talking about stocking the Motonica P8C and parts.

Go to the Nitro on-road forum and read the "European 2WD 1/8 pan car class"
thread if you are interested. The reasons for going this way is explained in detail. I started this thread three weeks ago, there have been 270 postings
and over 5500 hits. Looks like there may be some interest around the country.

Dale