R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Proposed new 1/8th scale 2WD Pan Car “Classic” class for 2010 Southwest Series
Old 11-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Brian Bosley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djmachinist
Brian,
You make some good points, however I am well aware of the local turnouts and SWS turnouts we are getting. You made my point for me. "The 1/8 engine cost" is killing the 1/8 Class along with the high maintenace and the complicated set ups required for eighth. The 2WD rules (if you bothered to read them) Mission Statement says: "To create and promote a simple economical class of racing with emphasis on Driver ability and Stable rules". In other words, The rules will not change from the Misson Statement.1/8 4WD is totaly out of control. This class will have Kit cost about $100.00 cheaper than the present 4WD cars.The engines by rule are limited to:

.21 CI
maximum of 7 ports
Flat top engines (no dished Pistons)
No slug weighted cranks
Steel ball bearings only(no ceramic bearings)

This will outlaw any of the the high end engines.

I do not want 1/8th to go away, I see this as a start of a more economical form of 1/8th. You may not buy into this but others may. All we can do is give it a try and see where the chips fall.

And Brian, save the "Dude" reference for the younger set.

Dale
Engine cost is only killing you guys because you think you need the most expensive engine modded by whoever when you are still not getting the most out of the car. Ask Derek, his $349 Picco 7 port with a $75 pipe/header is just fine even compared to my engines. I have only run 8th scale 3 times, I know I'm nowhere near getting the most out of my car but I am still barely learning how to drive 8th scale and I've been through about 30 sets of tires already.