R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is the best brushless motor for modified racing?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
QDRHRSE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 514 (100%+)

It depends on the type of racing. For me, for club racing, I like the Novak GTB esc & motors. If I didn't have any restrictions and was unlimited in the the amount of power I could have I would, without a doubt, get the Castle Creations stuff. I have a couple of sets of each. The Novak stuff works flawlessly and meets all of the ROAR requirenments for most club racing. I like it. However, my Castle Mamba Max 5700 set up is just plain stupid powerful. So much so, that it is unusable in any non AWD offroad car or truck. They have a 7700 too, that is supposed to be suicidal crack head fast! THe Castle stuff is also tunable via usb through your PC and operates 100% as smoothly as any sensored set up. In fact, I would say that because of that (the tuning capability) the unsensored castle ESCs are the best. I could strongly support that argument. The Castle motors can run up to 200 degrees as well. That stuff was built for speed!