R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 06:18 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STRICTLYSERPENT
Im sure this question gets asked alot but here we go im new to electric and have a serpent s120 and need a esc and motor whats the best set up?I want to run the expert class.Thanks
hey tony,
i presume you are referring to the roadrunners 1/12 expert class. i haven't been there, but their website indicated it is a 4cell 13.5 class but that was a 1 yr old post. so now they could also be running 1cell lipo, still with 13.5 or maybe 10.5. (i have some almost new 4cell packs if you are interested)

these are spec class motors, so there isn't be a huge disparity between brands, but they aren't identical. duo2 are highly sought after but you will see tekin speed passion novak etc all running well

esc choice is where things matter. CRC's advanced electronics unit is the latest hot ticket in the speedo war, but the Tekin RS has upgradeable software and there are pretty regular updates (check out their thread). i also see lrp and KO, but i am not familiar with their models.

one thing i noticed at ocrc this past year,where there was a combined 4cell 17.5 and 1s lip 13.5 class, was everybody went to 1s lipo, (the latest batch of nimh are really good performing but are a pain to deal with compared with 1 lipo cell.