R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F1 CARPET TRACK IN HYDE PARK, NY
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
rcracer1958
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

18R rules ??...hhmmmm...haven't thought about it actually. our last attempt at 18r road course was pretty much expected to be a mod class...carbon chassis...foam tires...road course bodies.i suppose for a spec class we could just adopt the existing limits with a gear and body change...i'll discuss it with everyone at the track tomorrow and get back to you.
F1 is going to be a run what ya brung deal for now...except for the hpi class.
so far the HPI F10 spec class is as follows: stock body,chassis,wheels & tires (until the michelins are available), johnson siver can motor, and up to 2000 mah NiCad 4 cell. only changes allowed are the shock (oil filled is allowed), ball diff, and front springs. (these are necassary to get the car hooked up). gearing is not yet finalized. (the battery limit may be changed, as people are thinking of utilizing old cells they have lying around to make up packs...we'll see if there's a major advantage then a limit will have to be set)

Pics of the rough setup of the layout are below.....this is a work in progress and changes will more than likely be continuous for a few weeks . it seemed a little tight when i drove it...so i'm going to try to get some more room in the layout on tuesday. the entire layout may change if this seems too technical....it still has to be fun to drive

Racing tomorrow....11:00 signups....12:00 race start for 1/10th scale martinsville oval.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0001 (2).jpg
Views:	216
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	523055   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0002 (2).jpg
Views:	171
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	523056   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0004 (2).jpg
Views:	216
Size:	216.4 KB