R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - N.a.s.c.a.r
Thread: N.a.s.c.a.r
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 05:03 PM
chammond
Tech Fanatic

Hey Funky99,

The Radio Control Racers Edmonton club has been formed for off-road. They gave out a lot of flyers at the Monster Jam on the weekend. The track will be at the school right next to the Meridian track... I believe they are signing the lease this week. It's going to be a huge track and there are a lot of people lining up to put in their sweat. The first meeting is in March some time and I will post when I know. Club membership will be $45/year, races will be $8 for members and practice 6-days a week will be free for members. Daryl Balaberta is the main contact: 465 1076

As for the motor break in - it is my machine (I am the majority owner of Hobby Direct.) If you have any questions email me or call the store and ask them to give you my # (assuming I'm not there.) My email is [email protected].

Basically the stand lets me break in an engine under controled conditions (temp and RPM's.) The end result is a better fit between the piston and sleeve. The sleeve ends up polished but the fit is still tight. It helps engines make full power longer and it means you don't have to break it in in your car. It works. All engines bought from Hobby Direct include free break-in. I do it to all my engines. The stand is from Sweden and hooks in to a computer to get the RPM and temp readings.

As far as stock and prices go we do our best. We're not able to compete with the other stores on the same scale because we only do cars and because we're too small to get the credit deals they can. But we get by and service the racing community as well as we can. Typically our prices are the best but we will not sell below cost. We do special orders - how long it takes depends on what it is. We have a lot of Associated parts, tires rims etc for off-road. We also do a lot of 1/8 scale stuff.

Thx,
Chris Hammond, Hobby Direct.