R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VTA tuning Q&A
Thread: VTA tuning Q&A
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 06:13 PM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
How do you set Droop? Yes I should know this by now I been racing 2 years but I always just guess on seting it. I have the droop gauge and blocks. On the blocks it measures 1mm so were is Zero on a TC3? is Zero the number that lines up on the gauge with the blocks im trying to find the 2-3mm of droop area which I know can be affected by the ride hight so what is the proper way and order to set it?
Droop is the amount that the arms "droop" or fall before the wheels come off the ground when you pick up the car when ride height is set correctly. If you have a matched droop gauge set for a TC 3, you put the car on the block part of it and with the tires off slide the gauge under the outer part of the arm and set droop one side at a time. If you're cheap, like me, eyeball it with a ruler. I set the adjustment screws so one side comes off the ground when the chassis is lifted 2mm, then adjust the other side so that both tires leave the ground at the exact same time. Its not perfect, but it works.