R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I'll keep that in mind. Speaking of which since you feel its more of a setup issue, can you review what I stated previously as the issue I am having and give me your input on what setup changes I should make in general to get the handling I am looking for?
Quite honestly? No. I'm not there to see first hand what's going on, and trying to guess based on second hand information that may or may not be adequate is like trying to guess the size of an elephant by looking at the tip of it's tail.

The first step is find a good baseline setup. The kit setup is usually pretty darn close. Or look at the mfr's site and download a setup for a track and class as close in description to what you're running and put that on and run it a several packs so that you absolutely KNOW what the car is going to do in every situation on the track. Then change ONE THING AT A TIME so you know what worked and what didn't. You change two or more things you have no idea if the second thing cancelled out part of the gain from the first (or vice-versa) so your testing time is wasted.

There are a number of EXCELLENT guides that guide you through "If--Then" tuning. I have a copy of the M-Power guide that I paid some nominal amount several years ago now to download. I think that guide serves as the basis for the tuning guide distributed by XXX-Main as it follows an identical format. That guide is available for nominal cost through a number of sources including Stormers.

Give a man a fish he eats for the day. TEACH a man to fish he eats for life. This in one you really should research and sort out yourself.