R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 01:24 PM
37 RACING
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I agree technologey is good but also can be bad because not everyone is diehard!Thats why the slash is common because it a charge your battery and go class and you don't have to devote your self to race!It's a class for the little guy,a guy with kids who want to race (basically the back yard basher can rub fenders with the fast guy's)Low tech,low budget racing!I know VTA is a little different because it is a racers class and the Tamiya mini's is kinda the slash class of onroad but technolgey can also run people off!Remeber what dyno's and nimah batteries did to the sport!The Lipo/brushless thing reserged electric because it made the common joe be able to compete again with the big guy's and not go broke trying or feel out classed!The speed control/motor war can kill things!That's also why nitro was big is big!This is my opinion i have been around this hobby for 25 years and have seen alot of ups and downs!I race as a teenager to a adult and got my son to start with me when he was 6 and now he's a adult and had alot of fun in this hobby!We have won races and did the dyno/battery matching thing,I had alot of people who use to want to do it but when seen what type of equipment it took changed there mind,now people are not as quite intimdated that things are a little simplar!RC racing is a GREAT Hobby and hope to do it for many more years!It is fun when there are A,B,and C features so i hope technologey don'y ruin it again!Like i said just a opinion!
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I think if you don't let the class evolve naturally it will fade away . Technology is a good thing, tracks make money from selling new parts and equipment to stay in business. I`m not a shop owner just a racer , and I think we should take advantage of all that is offered including the new HPI #102993 &102994 tires.